Gentle and Compassionate Home Euthanasia Provided by Licensed Veterinarians
Baltimore – DC – Frederick
Peaceful Passage is a service providing gentle, dignified, at home euthanasia for your pet. This service eliminates the stress, pain, and discomfort of traveling to your veterinary office, while allowing your beloved pet to leave the world in a most peaceful way.
Our Services Include
- arrival at your home at your preferred time
- availability morning, daytime, and evening INCLUDING SUNDAYS
- preparation where your pet is most comfortable: the couch, pet bed, or in your arms
- sedation to minimize discomfort or the need for restraint
- your choice of
- individual cremation with your choice of customized urn or chest
- group cremation, with your pet's ashes buried in a pet cemetery
- opting to care for your pet's remains yourself
see our fees page for pricing details
How it Works
After discussing your needs, a doctor will arrive at your home at an agreed upon time. When you are ready, a small amount of a sedative will be administered to your pet in order to eliminate anxiety and need for restraint. This is an excellent time to say your last goodbyes as your pet will gently fall asleep over a period of about 2 to 10 minutes. When you are ready, a small amount of hair will be shaved from the leg, and the euthanasia solution will be given. In a matter of minutes, the doctor will listen to the heart to ensure that your pet has gently passed on. When you are ready, your pet will be placed on a blanket in order to care for the body, unless you elect to care for your pet afterward. If you have selected individual cremation, your pets' ashes will be ready for pick up in approximately one week. Alternatively, your memorial item can be shipped to you via USPS ($30) or hand delivered ($50).